I teach the following papers:
- Politics Prelims (Introduction to Democratic Institutions)
- Politics 201, Comparative Government
- Politics 202, British Politics and Government, 1900-present
- Politics 204, Modern British Government
- Politics 205, Government and Politics of the United States
I have offered university lectures on British politics for the prelims (first-year) course and in the Final Honour Schools (second- and third-year) on British Politics and Government. I teach the departmental course for graduate students on tutorial teaching at Oxford, and I am an academic editor of the department blog: Politics in Spires.
In addition to teaching at Oxford, from 2008-2010 I taught at the University of Reading, where I lectured and conducted seminars on British and UK politics.
In 2010 I received the OxTalent award for my use of WebLearn, Oxford’s virtual learning environment, and based upon that I also received an Oxford University teaching award. I incorporate WebLearn into my tutorial teaching by providing students with opportunities to interact across colleges, as well as by making teaching resources available and requiring that essays be submitted online.